
I have just had another read through the Big 6 and Engagement Theory frameworks in order to choose the one I feel fits my digital learning design best.
Being a fairly simple person - (I can't help but think that at this point in my travels the Amish probably have it right! ) - I must admit I am drawn to the Big 6 framework.
However, also knowing that nothing that is worthwhile comes easily I feel I will need to analyse both of the frameworks more fully in order to really come to grips with what they are saying.
I wholeheartedly believe in collaborative work within the classroom and ICT's can definitely assist in providing tools and forums in which students can collaborate. I also recognise that students need to be engaged in meaningful and relevant tasks - again ICT's offer much to this end.
I guess one of our biggest challenges as future teachers will be to integrate this technology successfully to realise these goals. To do this we will no doubt need to provide our students with effective tools such as those offered by these two learning frameworks.
When push comes to shove then, I think I need to do some more reading.....
No comments:
Post a Comment