Monday, July 12, 2010

Touchgraph

I am truly excited about this tool. It does in seconds something that I have thought about doing for years, that is collating useful websites at the touch of a button (database).
I recommend everyone check this out. Just type in a topic - visual literacy for eg and a whole range of websites will appear in a mindmap layout. But that's not all! On the left-hand side of the page you get a list of all the websites and, when you click on one of these you will get a small summary of the site in the top left of the screen along with a live link to the site.
I can see endless uses for this both in school and at Uni as well as in personal searching.
I am intending to explore it more thoroughly to see if you can build up a personal database.
Will keep you all posted.

http://www.touchgraph.com/TGGoogleBrowser.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phillipa

    I have just had a look at touch graph after reading your post and I couldn't agree more. The time saved in just narrowing down sites of value is fantastic. I love it I can see myself using it to narrow down specific sites I want students to use when researching for projects or web quests. Thanks for sharing the site with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil

    I have just tried out the toughgraph. Like you, I loved that it out had the websites down the side. As we know researching can be time consuming and it can be very easy to be side tracked or completely lost as is sometimes the case. I also agree with Sara, in that a tool such as touchgraph would help narrow down the sites for our students.

    I have found a couple of online graphic dictionary sites also in a concept map format, which offer definitions and word associations.I think they would also help with ideas for narrowing research.

    Please feel free to have a look and let me know what you think.

    http://juliet-e-learning.blogspot.com/2010/07/graphic-knowledge-engines.html

    Cheers
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete