Friday, August 6, 2010
Avatar's in the Classroom
It has taken me ages to get around to making this Avatar. Not really sure why, only that I could not think of anything worthwhile to make it say!!
However it suddently dawned on me that an Avatar would be a great tool to use to introduce an ICT lesson. I will be using a learning object with my class next week for the first time (I did heaps with my former class, but we don't have an interactive whiteboard or projector in the room at this school).
As these kids do not get a great deal of exposure to ICT's I'd like to make a good first impression - for my mentor teacher's benefit as well.
The kids have free play time every Friday afternoon and I think doing avtivities like this one would be ideal for that time slot - sure a little more work for the teacher, but it would really appeal to some. It could perhaps be done in small groups in conjunction with the next door class (who have the interactive whiteboard) so that there is still supervision of those not participating.
Hopefull my mentor teacher will like the lesson and who knows where it will lead!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Phillipa I would have to agree that using Avatar's as a 'hook' for and ICT lesson would be a great way to engage students. You-tube and powerpoints are so frequently used in the classroom. By getting students to create their own Avatar's they have the opportunity to explore different tools which can be used in the future.
ReplyDelete