Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Youtube Indigenous Unit
My class is doing an Indigenous unit at the moment and I think that youtube clips like the ones I've uploaded here would be a great way to introduce lessons and to use as fillers to keep the kids motivation high.
Being a year 2 class the concentration levels are not alway particularly long and as such these short clips are perfect.
Another thing that they could be used for is to explore their own construction of stories using video editing tools or artwork such as animation using the Pivot animation tool that I blogged about earlier.
The fact that the clips can be uploaded onto a classroom blog removes many of the risks associated with live youtube access.
I have used youtube fairly regularly in my unit plans and have always been a little concerned about the reality of accessing from the classroom - not any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Phil
ReplyDeleteI think that clips like the ones you have selected are a interesting and engaging way to share indigenous culture with students in the classroom. It is also good to see that there is animation and authentic story telling avialable. There are also more resources for including indigenous perspectives in the curriculum in the Aborigional and Torres Strait Islander perspectives resources. Supporting the implementation of Essential Learnings at www.qsa.qld.edu.au