Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8 Aboriginal Ways of Learning


I came across this Indigenous Learning Framework some time ago, but was reminded of it after we looked at the Big 6 and Engagement Theory Frameworks.

It occur rs to me just how many of the criteria within the framework can be met by incorporating ICT's within the curriculum.
As teachers we need to be aware of and responsive to individual learning styles including those that arise from different cultural backgrounds and experiences, however being limited in the opportunities and resources we have to physically explore our worlds beyond the classroom, ICT's it would seem offer incredible opportunities to widen our student's horizons.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phillipa,
    I enjoyed being reminded of the cultural considerations that are easily missed when you connect with the internet. Although we can explore worlds beyond the classroom from our fingertips I think the internet also says (loudly) that the 21st century is about digital connections rather than reflective cultural ones. I too had visited the site that you provided a link to some time ago - it was nice to revisit and reconsider the 8 ways (How we learn - culture ways). I'll be doing some more reflecting on cultural identities in blogs - thanks for the stimulation. :) Kim

    ReplyDelete