I was chatting to Juliet about using podcasts, powerpoint and moviemaker etc to share children's stories and thought I would post the link to an e-book on critical thinking skills using fairytales. Many of the activities could be adapted to incorporate ICT's and given our LM4 assignments it is quite relevant I thought.
Teaching Thinking Skills With Fairy-Tales and Fantasy
Hi Phil
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this e-book. Don't you agree that blogs are a great way of sharing learning resources?
What a long way we have come on our e-learning journey. We have gone from "what is a blog?!!" to embedding source codes into our posts. Not only are we finding our way through the process of using blogs et al but we are now starting to use them in meaningful ways. Imagine how we will be able to include our new found skills in our pedagogy as we engage our students in learning and encourage sharing and collaboration.
Juliet
Hi Juliet and Phillipa
ReplyDeleteI love the idea on both your blogs about using ICTs as a way to engage our learners in literacy.
I love the idea of creating and audio book as you suggested Juliet and Phillipa I love your E book via movie maker.
I was looking through some of the additional tools for this course and came across an E book site. It enables you to publish your own E books as well as read others online!!
So many times we have all remarked that copyright prevents us using powerpoint to share some of our favourite childrens authors with our students digitally but this site has some really creative stories for all ages. Some are made by students what a a great way to publish a story or fairytale that they have created as part of a unit of work for all the world too see.
This is the link if you want to take a look
http://www.myebook.com/index.php?option=browse&status=ns